38 gallon nuvo trial

Home Community Nualgi Aquarium Trials 38 gallon nuvo trial

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie Stuver 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jackie Stuver
    Participant

I got my trial bottle and did my first dose on May 3, 2014. When I started I had some bright green algae on my sand bed. I have now done 6 doses as it got really bad one week and I did a dose with the 4 days in between that is suggested if the algae is bad. I went back to the 7 days after that dose. The green algae turned into an almost black algae now and I also have red cyano that I can’t seem to get a hold on. I rearranged my tank a few days ago to give my certain corals more room so the new pictures look different than when I first started. I only feed my tank every three days and I dose my normal alk, cal and mag every day or every other day to keep my levels where I want them.

Jackie Stuver
    Participant

Pictures loaded backwards so the pic to the far right is the same time I started dosing and the other two are as of two or so days ago.

NualgiAquarium
    Keymaster

Jackie, sorry to hear of your cyano issue. It looks like something in your tank is reacting with Nualgi to cause that. We have had a handfuls of such reports from other trialists. Our recommendation is to stop dosing Nualgi, do a couple of extra water changes over the next few weeks, manually remove the cyano and increase flow in the affected area. Please let us know how this works out in say 2 weeks.

Jackie Stuver
    Participant

Okay thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply. Log In or Create an Account