Amazed in 12 hours.

Home Community Nualgi Aquarium Trials Amazed in 12 hours.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NualgiAquarium 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Been having problems with Cyanobacteria.  My tank was looking horrible yesterday morning.  Sand all red, lots of red spots of rocks.  Added 1.7cc of Nualgi at about 4:30 when the mail came.  Left on LED lights on so that I would get more than the 4 hours of lighting to start the Diatom growth, was up in the middle of the night to turn the lights off (so I wouldn’t burn any corrals) and the cyano is gone from the display tank.  I didn’t check the refugium yet, but amazed.  I didn’t get as good a result when I recently used Chemi-clean.  Photos soon.

NualgiAquarium
    Keymaster

Awesome!, Richard. Glad to see Cyano disappear overnight!
    If you have read posts from other trialists, you will have noted some have had more algae after dosing Nualgi. That is because Nualgi purges the sand and rocks for nutrients. So you may still see that if you do have nutrients locked up in those areas. In weeks 2-4 nualgi will starve those algae too…if it shows up, you will need to stay patient! Keep in touch….you can leave the UV in or out – does’nt matter to Nualgi dosing

Richard
    Participant

Alright I will turn the UV back on.  Grrr. The Cyano came back as fast as it left, but maybe not as much.  I am not giving up hope.  Will post photos.

Richard
    Participant

before.

Richard
    Participant

12 hours later!

NualgiAquarium
    Keymaster

Ok, no worries, Nualgi is a long term fix for vexing problems of an aquarist. So we will take some short term pain!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply. Log In or Create an Account