Dino/Cyano problems

Home Community Saltwater Aquariums Dino/Cyano problems

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NualgiAquarium 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jim
    Participant

Hi,

Just received my free sample today and thought I would post up my findings on here.

I have a 300litre sumped tank and over the last few months I have been battling with what I thought was Cyano. I dosed regularly with Zeobak and Coral snow with no effect so I switched to Cyanoclean and Coral snow, still no effect.

About a month ago after more research I came across on a thread about Dinoflagettes? so I decided to do a 3 day blackout. This worked to begin with, I could see all the red disapearing from the sand and the rocks and also the bubbles had all gone. However over the last few weeks I’ve gradually been getting a build up of what looks like green Cyano?

I’m going to start dosing tomorrow and will update this post as and when.

NualgiAquarium
    Keymaster

Awesome! look forward to hearing from you with updates in a week or two.

Jim
    Participant

Quick update.

I’ve just done my 3rd dose on Friday morning, dosing every 4 days as suggested 2.3ml.

Not seen any visible difference however the fish seem to be more active arounf the rock, grazing a lot more than usual.

NualgiAquarium
    Keymaster

Try 0.6ml per day at the beginning of the lighting cycle till things get going. Also make sure you are shaking the bottle before dosing.

Jim
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

My tank is actually 270litres after displacement hence the 2.3ml per week dosage.

If I dose 0.6ml a day that equates to 4.2ml per week or have I got my maths wrong? Or do you mean 0.6ml per day for 4 days running and then a break for 3 days?

Jim

NualgiAquarium
    Keymaster

Lets start again…you have 270 liters of water which is 70 gallons. So standard weekly dosage is 2.3ml per week and you have been dosing that per 4 days. If you can dose daily, let’s switch to 0.4ml per day early in your lighting cycle. Lets touch base in 7-10 days.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply. Log In or Create an Account