Ellery's 300g System Trial Notes

Home Community Nualgi Aquarium Trials Ellery's 300g System Trial Notes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ellery 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ellery
    Participant

I will document my Trial on this forum thread.

I received my trial samples today 3/24/2014.

Week# 1 – 9:40 pm  10 ml dose spread out (4 ml Frag Tank, 3 ml 125g SPS, 3 ml Sump)

Notes:

Frag Tank – Had most algae, especially on egg crate due to possible phosphate leaching

125g – Only had small patch of red Cyano bacteria

Refugium  – Contain Macro algae but also has CyanoBacteria on the walls

90 g – Hair algae on rock under chalice and red algae covering rear walls of the tank.

Pictures are stored in my FB since adding photos here is a pain.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.965737846626.1073741832.17508302&type=1

nualgi
    Keymaster

Thank you!

Ellery
    Participant

Dose#2 Mar 30 , 11am

Comments:

So far so good nothing detrimental seen but have noticed some algae on my frag racks receding. My ultimate goal is to not have any algae, especially, cyanobacteria in my system as a success factor.

NualgiAquarium
    Keymaster

We support your goal and will work with you to make sure you have a healthy and algae/cyano free tank!

Ellery
    Participant

Week#2 Video –

Still had a bunch of Cyano in the back of the tank when I got back this weekend Prior to Dosing Week#3.

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Week #3</span>

Dosed 13ml since 10ml didn’t seem to have done much on week #2.

So far The major change is that whatever algae is left is bright green. I still notice Cyanobacteria in the main tank that I had to pull out by hand after being away for a week.  The major change is that the algae in the refugium, which is lit 24/7, also has more green slime algae growing on my macroalgae (mostly chaetomorpha but some caulerpa) and less red cyano now compared to Week#1.

[caption width="960" align="alignleft"] Week# 3 Frag tank[/caption]

[caption width="960" align="alignleft"] Week#3 Refugium – Less Red Cyano visible – Good[/caption]

[caption width="960" align="alignleft"] Week# 3 90 g LPS Tank[/caption]

[caption width="960" align="alignleft"] Week# 3 125g SPS[/caption]

Ellery
    Participant

Just to show the only clearly noticeable change in my opinion is seen in the refugium. Week#1 vs Week#3.

There is clearly less Red Cyanobacteria in the Refugium.

<span style=”line-height: 1.5em;”>

[caption width="960" align="alignleft"]</span><span style=”line-height: 1.5em;”> Week#1 Refugium[/caption]

</span>

[caption width="960" align="alignleft"] Week#3 Refugium[/caption]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply. Log In or Create an Account