New led lighting

Home Community Saltwater Aquariums New led lighting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ellery 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gprzybylski
    Participant

I am thinking about upgrading my 150watt MH to an led light. I currently have a 33 gal cube mix reef with soft and stony coral that it will go on but soon will be going onto a 60 gal frag tank. I was thinking about the maxspect razor or the AI. any thoughts on led lighting and or the two units I have chosen.

Thanks

nualgi
    Keymaster

LED lighting is making progress with the new generation fixtures. I recommend sticking with metal halide for better growth, especially if you are going to a 60 gallon frag tank. If you do decide to go with one of these LED fixtures we recommend reading reviews on both to see what others are saying. Make sure that the fixture you choose has the new XT-E LED chip which wastes less electricity and produces more PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation). The AI does not come with a controller so remember that will be an additional charge of about $65. These are both great light set ups and in the end it may just come down to the additional purchase of the controller. Here is a link that might help.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/ai-sol-blue-vs-maxspect-razor-which-do-you-think-is-better-and-why-194926.html

Ellery
    Participant

I have 2x Maxspect Razor 16000K 160W units above my 125g SPS tank and they have worked great for the last 1.5 years.  You need to make sure you acclimate to LED slowly though.  I went from 3x  250W HQI XM 15,000K MH and this is saving me alot of power.

ON my 90 g LPS and 40B Frag Tank I have the EverGrow D120 systems and they work great too without all the bells and whistles.  They actually rival the Radion Pros for Full Spectrum lighting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply. Log In or Create an Account